a word of Gathering …
Please Remember: This nativity had an object in mind. That object is you and me.
Because you are mine! Your interest, kind comments, and emails are gifts. Thank you!
Because of Grace
If you run out of people to pray for, please pray for our emergency personnel, our soldiers, and those who continue to wait for their Christmas miracle.
And, my favorite video, courtesy of Jim McShane~~~Trans-Siberian Orchestra – Christmas Canon
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil” ~Proverbs 3:5-7
“Whenever God gives a vision to a saint, he puts the saint in the shadow of His hand, as it were, and the saint’s duty is to be still and listen… When God gives a vision and darkness follows, waiting on God will bring you into accordance with the vision He has given if you await His timing. Otherwise, you try to do away with the supernatural in God’s undertakings. Never try to help God fulfill His word. ~Oswald Chambers
Photo by Janet Zepeda
Because of Grace To-Do List
[Jesus said,]“But I say to you who are listening,
- love your enemies.
- Do good to those who hate you,
- bless those who curse you,
- pray for those who are cruel to you.
- If anyone slaps you on one cheek, offer him the other cheek, too.
- If someone takes your coat, do not stop him from taking your shirt.
- Give to everyone who asks you,
- and when someone takes something that is yours, don’t ask for it back.
- Do to others what you would want them to do to you.
- If you love only the people who love you, what praise should you get? Even sinners love the people who love them.”
Luke 6:27-32 from Jody Neufeld’s blog
Wow! Our God has great confidence in our abilities…Maybe I will just try one bullet point at a time, kind of like one flower in a bud vase at a time.